Designed in conjunction with renowned polar explorer Eric Larsen, the Polar Ranger -20F/-30C down sleeping bag is built for the coldest places on earth. Previously a recipient of Backpacker Magazine’s Editor’s Choice Award, the lightest and most feature-rich bag in its class just got better. It utilizes cutting edge box-baffled construction and is filled with highly compressible, PFC-free 800-fill . This advanced down maintains its loft and warmth longer, even in the challenging conditions of extended expedition use in the arctic cold. It absorbs 90% less water and dries 3x faster than untreated down—a big plus on long trips where periodic drying is required. The ultralight shell and soft liner are made from planet-friendly GRS-certified 100% recycled nylon. A unique snorkel hood with a magnetic closure helps seal in warmth while routing exhaled moisture away from the bag to preserve loft. Drafts are kept at bay by extensive, overstuffed draft tubes and a pair of side vents allow for custom ventilation while freeing your arms while still in the bag. Other features include an insulated Toe-asis™ foot-warming pocket, to link bag and sleeping pad, an interior stash pocket, external loops for attaching a quilt or blanket for more warmth, and an anti-snag YKK® zipper.
- Recycled Shell & Liner: GRS-certified 100% recycled fabrics are eco-friendly while being lightweight, soft and durable; anti-snag YKK zipper ensures easy entries and exits and prevents tears.
- 800-Fill : PFC-free and absorbs 90% less water and dries 3x faster than untreated down.
- : Certification that ensures the waterfowl in the down supply chain are treated humanely.
- Snorkel Hood: Designed to allow for easy breathing and to ventilate exhaled moisture to preserve loft; magnetic closure keeps cross-drafts at bay and eases entry/exit.
- Side Vents: Allow for external arm use and customizable temperature control; overlapping draft tubes prevent cold spots when closed.
- : Removeable ultralight straps create a secure bag-to-sleeping pad connection that optimizes the comfort and thermal efficiency of your entire sleep system. SynergyLink Connectors function best with regular sized sleeping pads that are 3 inches thick or less when inflated.
- Additional Features: , cinchable draft collar, YKK® anti-snag zipper, interior stash pocket, overstuffed draft tubes, external quilt loops, draft collar.
Compression sack and storage sack included.