With a flat-lasted profile, sticky yet durable VisionTM rubber sole, and a plush leather upper that gives the feeling of padded luxury and attention to detail rarely found in a shoe designed for newer climbers, the Origin provides an ideal introduction to climbing. The best-selling Origin has been updated with improved aesthetics, an updated fit that improves comfort at the widest point of the foot, and our PAF heel system.
- Passive rand offers a classic performance
- SCARPA’s proprietary Vision™ rubber provides stick and durability
- Flat lasted construction for all-day comfort and performance
- Dual power strap closure allows for maximum adjustability
- PAF Heel system improves all-day fit and comfort
Passive randing is constructed and tensioned for situations where the primary focus is not dynamic support, but instead – comfort. New climbers developing footwork, professional guides leading all day trips, and long multi-pitch climbing are all examples of where comfort is equally as important and beneficial as performance is.
PRESSURE ABSORBING FIT (PAF) SYSTEM
PAF (Pressure Absorbing Fit) is an innovative heel system that helps both spread the force of the heel tension and increase the fit of the heel. The Active Rand rubber is interrupted behind the heel to reduce pressure on the achilles tendon and connected with 2mm XS GRIP2 rubber, that works like a bridge and allows full adaption to the shape of the heel while still providing dynamic forward pressure to focus power over the big toe. The holes on the side of the heel indicate the tension applied, which varies between 1 hole for light tension, 2 holes for mid tension and 3 holes for strong tension.
- UPPER: MULTI-PANEL (7) UPPER CONSTRUCTION IN MICROSUEDE FOR UNMATCHED FIT AND PERFORMANCE
- MIDSOLE: NYLON 1.4MM; 3/4 LENGTH
- TENSIONING: PASSIVE RANDING IS CONSTRUCTED FOR COMFORTABLE SUPPORTIVE FIT
- OUTSOLE: VISION RUBBER PROVIDES STICK AND DURABILITY
SCARPA EURO US SIZING CHART
All SCARPA non-plastic footwear and our Alien 3.0 uses European sizing.
- 1 Euro whole size = 6.6 mm = 0.26 inches
- 1 US whole size = 8.4 mm = 0.33 inches
- The 30 Euro sizes below cover the same size range as 24 US sizes
- Euro sizes provide a better, more precise fit for your intended use
- For mountaineering boots, upsize (1/2+ sizes) depending on desired fit.