SCARPA Gecko - Men's
SCARPA Gecko - Men's
A longtime athlete and staff favorite, the Gecko is our most technical approach shoe. The upper is water-resistant suede leather, to withstand the abuse of rocky terrain, but still molds to your foot for a glove-like fit. A lace-to-toe closure system is super adaptable, whether you want to cinch it down for technical terrain or back it off for more casual use, and also accommodates a variety of foot shapes. The rubber toe rand is over lasted, protecting the upper as well as the midsole from abrasion. The Gecko features a hybrid construction: board lasted in the rear part for structure and torsional stability, and slip-lasted in the forefoot for ultimate flexibility and sensitivity. The dual-density EVA midsole balances support with cushioning, appropriate for moderate to long approaches wearing a pack. The new PRESA sole has a medium density compressed EVA midsole with solid and compact look. The outsole is made in SuperGum compound, able to combine and extraordinary grip and durability. The large climbing zones offer excellent sensitivity, grip, and accurate precision.
- Water-resistant suede leather upper for the best blend of comfort, durability and abrasion resistance.
- Hybrid construction is board-lasted in the rear for support and torsional control and slip-lasted in the forefoot for flexibility & sensitivity
- Over lasted toe rand protects the upper and wraps over the midsole to offer maximum durability in this critical area.
- Medium-density compression molded EVA for support with a low-density heel insert for enhanced cushioning.
- PRESA outsole works with the midsole to provide mechanical impact absorption, and out SuperGum rubber compound provides confidence-inspiring traction.
Hybrid construction is board-lasted in the rear for support and torsional control and slip-lasted in the forefoot for flexibility & sensitivity.
Overlasted toe rand protects the upper and wraps over the midsole to offer maximum durability in this critical area.
- MIDSOLE: LOWER DENSITY EVA INSERT FOR CUSHIONING
- MIDSOLE: MEDIUM DENSITY EVA MIDSOLE FOR STABILITY
- OUTSOLE: SUPERGUM TECHNOLOGY OUTSOLE. SUPERGUM IS A COMPOUND ABLE TO COMBINE EXTRAORDINARY GRIP AND DURABILITY, WITH SIMILAR PERFORMANCE TO A BUTYL RUBBER BUT WITH A 3X HIGHER ABRASION RESISTANCE
- TREAD DESIGN:
SCARPA EURO US SIZING CHART
All SCARPA non-plastic footwear and our Alien 3.0 uses European sizing.
- 1 Euro whole size = 6.6 mm = 0.26 inches
- 1 US whole size = 8.4 mm = 0.33 inches
- The 30 Euro sizes below cover the same size range as 24 US sizes
- Euro sizes provide a better, more precise fit for your intended use
- For mountaineering boots, upsize (1/2+ sizes) depending on desired fit.