Richly illustrated and information-packed tools for the novice or handy reference for the veteran, this book will distill years of knowledge into affordable and visual guides. Whether you're planning a trip or thumbing for facts in the field, this book shows you what you need to know.
- Use 7 strategies for identifying mushrooms.
- Prepare, cook, and store edible mushrooms.
- Use mushrooms for their nutritional health benefits.
- Identify poisonous, poisonous look-alikes, and inedible mushrooms.
- Grow mushrooms from inoculated logs and growth kits, including online resources.