Built with all of the functionality and features of traditional Brunton Transits, the Standard takes traditional strike & dip measurements and excels at low-angle readings with it’s flat bottom and non-slip silicon foot.
We know that your transit is a life-long investment, that is why the internal components are sealed in place with an o-ring. The Standard Transit’s body is CNC machined from a from a nearly indestructible aluminum block while the hard-anodized finish resists bumps, bangs and scratches. Best of all use the built in bottle opener after a long day in the field.
Brunton compasses are proudly made in the USA. All transits and the bulk of compasses are designed, developed, and hand-built in our factory in Riverton, WY and are sold across the world via our global headquarters in Louisville CO.
As true specialists in high quality tools, our aim is to inspire, educate, and support professional pursuits and outdoor exploration.
- Newly designed body is CNC-milled and hard-anodized for simplicity and durability.
- The flat bottom with a non-slip silicon foot allows for low angle strike and dip measurements.
- Unobtrusive bottle opener that stays out of the way until needed.
- The mirror enables sighting and measurement of bearings and vertical angles.
- Short and long sights give the user additional functionality and accuracy when shooting bearings.
- The precision NdFeB disc magnet provides very accurate readings and resists demagnetization.
- Our magnetic needle can be balanced for use almost anywhere in the world .
- Induction dampening makes for a quick-settling needle.
- The sapphire jewel bearing allows for smooth needle movement throughout the life of the instrument.
- The needle lock button can lock or free the needle, depending on the model.
- The internal components are sealed with an O-ring for improved water and dust resistance.
- All transits are compatible with our Jacob’s Staff/Tripod ball and socket adaptor.
- Each model is available in either Azimuth (0-360) or Quadrant (0-90) formats.
- Each comes with a protective leather case, perfect for carrying your Brunton in the field.
- Made in the USA in Riverton, WY.
- measurement style: Strike & Dip
- dimensions: 3.1 x 2.8 x 1.3" | 7.9 x 7.1 x 3.4cm
- weight: 6.9oz | 195g
- azimuth: +/- 1/2˚ w/ 1˚ graduations
- internal clinometer: +/- 1/2˚ w/ 1˚ graduations
- percent grade: 5% graduations
- declination adjustment: +/- 180˚